My First Wag Client!


It was the spring of May 2018 and I was finally approved by Wag to begin walking. I was very hesitant at first to do my first walk because the app does not allow you to see any information about the dog until you get accepted. I always thought to myself I would hate to get accepted for a walk to see the information about the dog to not be good. Walkers have the option to leave notes for other walkers but every walker will have a different experience and perception of the dog(s). In my opinion, Wag is very difficult for walkers to understand how the dog really is. In other words, walkers really won’t know the “truth” unless they try it for themselves. All walkers have the option to cancel but I would feel bad for the owner if the dog really needed to get outside.

So after a few weeks of watching dogs come and go on the app, it was too good to be true that there was an available walk four blocks away from my house. I was really nervous to send the request to walk the dog but it turned out to be one of the best choices I made.

Charlie, a nine-year-old yellow lab mix, is the one of the best dogs I have had the pleasure to walk. Charlie is laid back, easy-going, and so sweet. He never pulls on his leash or gets in trouble and he always does his duties for me! In addition, his owner Cathy also makes the walk enjoyable. Cathy always looks out for me and communicates extremely well with me. If the weather is supposed to be rainy, she leaves an umbrella for me. If the weather is going to be extremely hot, she leaves me water bottles. If Charlie pooped before she went to work, she will text me to let me know he may not go for me. Since May of 2018, I have been walking Charlie ever since. I usually walk Charlie two to three times a week depending on Cathy’s work schedule. Charlie even loves me so much that he waits by the door for me whenever his owner leaves. 

Charlie is the best! Somedays I wish he was my dog.

Stay tuned next week for my second client story! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Hype About Barkbox?

I Can Administer Medication