How To Prepare For The Weather

Welcome back to my blog!

UPDATE

Last week I discussed how dogs cannot get COVID-19, well that has changed. There is still not enough evidence but according to the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD), a German Shepherd and a mixed breed from the same household on an Hong Kong Island has tested positive for COVID-19. The owner of the dogs was sick with COVID-19. However, the dogs are not showing any symptoms of the virus. The dogs are in quarantine and are being watched by the AFCD. But The Hong Kong animal-welfare authority stated “Under no circumstances should owners abandon their pets.” In addition, the The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) both agree there is no evidence at this point to conclude that pets can become sick with COVID-19.

Anyways, back to business! Today I will be telling you how I prepare for all kinds of weather scenarios while dog walking. The best piece of advice I can give you is pack everything you need in your car or keep a travel bag with you. The weather in the Midwest is so unpredictable. One day its sunny and 60 degrees and the next day there's 4 inches of snow on the ground. Since my dog walking services are so on demand and sometimes scheduled at the last minute while I'm at school or work, sometimes I am not prepared. But that's when the travel bag comes in handy!

My travel bag includes snow boots, rain boots, a big long coat, hat, scarf, gloves, an umbrella, socks and poop bags. You never know what the weather will bring from the time I go to school, attend class, and get ready to leave. It's important to keep the travel bag with you so you can go straight to your client! When I first started walking I never kept a travel bag and would always find myself going home to get things. Sometimes going home would cause back-tracking and wasting time.

So keeping a travel bag or the items in the car has been a huge success for me. I suggest all dog walkers do the same. You just never know what the weather will bring and when your client will need a walk.

The inside of my car: snow and rain boots, coat, poop bags, hat

Happy Walking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Hype About Barkbox?

I Can Administer Medication