The Best Places To Walk

Welcome back to Stories from The Sidewalks: Dog Walking! Last week you learned about my experience giving medication to my client's dogs. But what's a blog about dog walking without telling you my favorite places to walk!

All my clients live in Joliet or New Lenox so I have quite the choices to pick where to walk at. However, I usually walk their dogs in their respective neighborhood but I do venture out to walk them at trails or parks if the owner gives me permission.

Coming in at Number One is one of Joliet's finest.... PILCHER PARK.

Pilcher Park is located at 2501 Highland Park Drive. The park offers extensive trails and the Nature Center. The Nature Center is a log cabin building where you can visit animals, enjoy exhibits, and learn all about Pilcher Park. I love walking through Pilcher Park because it is calm and relaxing. There are so many walking trails that you see something new every day. My favorite spot to visit is the waterfall. Listening to the water rush down the dam is so peaceful.

Waterfall
Vaydah watching the water flow


Coming in at Number Two is SILVER CROSS HOSPITAL. Yes, I said the hospital.

Silver Cross Hospital is located at 1900 Silver Cross Blvd in New Lenox right at the intersection of Interstate 80 and 355. Silver Cross Hospital has a nice walking trail around a pond. I like going to Silver Cross Hospital at night because I feel safe. The trail is lit up and monitored by security. But sometimes I do go there during the day for a change of scenery.

Vaydah at Silver Cross

Coming in at Number Three is WALONA PARK.

Walona Park is located 200 Walona Avenue in New Lenox. Walona Park is literally one of my client's backyards. The park has a playground and several baseball fields. However, there is a ton of open land and sidewalk trails to walk.

Park entrance
View from my client's house 
Bullseye guiding me to the park


Last but not least.... coming in at Number Four is WESTERN AVENUE.

Two of my client's live near the historical Western Avenue of Joliet. Western Avenue is home to the Upper Bluff District which is under the National Register criterion for its architecture. I love walking Western Avenue because you get to witness history. The homes built on Western Avenue began in 1873. Every home has a different style. Another cool thing about Western Avenue is the sidewalk intersections are labeled with the street names. It is just so cool walking along Western Avenue. 
Sidewalk intersection
Thomas Hennebry House | Joliet illinois, Architecture, Victorian ...
Cool architecture


There are so many other places to walk in Joliet and New Lenox. You could go to West Park in Joliet, the Old Plank Road Trail that starts in Joliet and goes all the way to Chicago Heights, and the Iron Works Historic Site in Joliet. The list is endless but these are just some of my favorite places! If you have any places to suggest where I should walk, let me know in the comments below! Happy Walking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Hype About Barkbox?

I Can Administer Medication