Farewell Dog Walking

Welcome back to my blog! This is my last and final post about my experience dog walking and dog sitting. But don't be too upset, you can always reach out to me on social media if you have questions or concerns.

I hope you enjoyed my blog! I know I loved writing for you every week! You learned how I got into the dog walking and dog sitting business, the difference between Wag and Rover, my first ever clients, the scoop on Invisible Fence, all the different dog breeds I take care of, and so much more. 

As my academic career comes to a close and the hunt for a big girl job begins, I am not sure how much longer I will be dog walking and dog sitting for my clients in the Joliet area. I would love to continue walking for my clients. However, if I am working in downtown Chicago, it is going to be difficult to make it back to Joliet in time for a walk without feeling rushed. When I interned at WGN in Chicago this past summer and was taking my clients requests, it gave me extreme anxiety trying to be on time dealing with rush hour traffic. Even though I got off work at 3PM, it would take me over an hour and a half to get back into Joliet. It was not the ideal situation for myself and my clients. But depending on my future work schedule and responsibilities, I might be available to take clients on the weekends. But if I move to downtown Chicago, I am going to have to let go of all my clients in Joliet. I do know that if I still want to dog walk or dog sit, there are tons of available clients in Chicago! If I am in Joliet, I will always let my clients know I am available. 

It is going to be extremely hard letting go of some of my furry friends because we have created a special bond that will not be forgotten. I know for a fact that I am going to miss them especially when some of my dogs would wait for me at the door. I am going to miss seeing their reaction as I would pull into the driveway. Not only will I miss my furry-friends, but my clients. I have gained life-long friends from dog walking. One of my client's Lisa Terry says "I don't know what I am going to do without Ashley. I always know my dog is in good hands and she makes sure Vaydah is given the proper playtime. But not only is Ashley my dog walker, but she is also my friend. We text and talk all day long. We even get together to hang out. Ashley is like a daughter to me." As you can see, it is going to be difficult to let go, but I know my clients are happy for me and my future career. 

This might be my farewell to dog walking and dog sitting but it was one of the best choices I ever made. I do not regret my decision one bit. All my furry friends are like my own dogs except home away from home. And if this blog gave you the confidence to dog walk or dog sit, enjoy it! I loved every second of my experience despite some uncomfortable situations. 

This isn't a goodbye but a see you later! 

Connect with Me on Socials
Instagram: ashley.hare
Facebook: Ashley Hare
Twitter: ashleyharee

Top: Walter and Winnie Bottom Left: Vaydah Middle: Minnie Bottom Right: Charlie
Love you guys!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's The Hype About Barkbox?

I Can Administer Medication